Please Don’t Piss on the Petunias is a collection of essays and stories by a Colorado gardener with a dream: to give her two daughters the nature-centered childhood she had always longed for. When her husband finds an old house in a quirky part of town, she begins to make her dream a reality.
Engaging, edgy, and often hilarious, Please Don’t Piss on the Petunias follows Sandra Knauf as she turns a weed-filled yard into an urban paradise.
Over the course of several chaotic years, she:
• Muddles through “mistress gardener” training, learning the ABCs of horticulture.
• Raises, with her young daughters, exotic breed bantam chickens named after Greek goddesses
• Goes on her first bee-swarm capture.
• Discovers that a hen in their small flock has undergone a sex change.
• Copes with a series of family dogs: a rambunctious rescue Dalmatian, a destructive black Lab puppy, and a counterfeit teacup Chihuahua with a bad attitude.
• Adds to the animal menagerie: Netherlands dwarf rabbits, fancy backyard goldfish, triops from the age of the dinosaurs, and more.
Through creating a life filled with plants and animals (and plenty of love) Sandra makes a discovery that will resonate with any rebel: Going off the beaten path may be the best way to find out who you really are.
Links to download free book – Always double check the price before you download – sometimes there are price glitches or unexpected price changes.
This book is free from 09/04/2019 until 09/05/2019.
About the Author
Sandra Knauf is an author and publisher (Greenwoman Publishing). Her books include the six-volume series Greenwoman (garden writing and art); her YA environmental fantasy novel, Zera and the Green Man; and Fifty Shades of Green, an anthology of sexy gardening stories that she says is "the feminist-gardener answer to Fifty Shades of Grey."
A former columnist for The Denver Post, Sandra’s humorous essays have appeared nationally in GreenPrints and MaryJanesFarm. She’s also been a guest commentator on KRCC's (NPR's southern Colorado affiliate station) Western Skies radio show. lots of books
Sandra lives in Colorado with her family, dogs, a huge organic urban garden, and lots of books.
Is this book no longer free? Let us know in the comments so we can remove it from our site. Have you read this book? Tell us what you thought about it in the comments!