When Laura Langston, a nurse from Oklahoma City, went to Siena, Italy, to celebrate her 60th birthday, she was not looking for a man. But, there he was – 62-year-old Raffaele Balducci, a talented potter, jazz guitarist, father, and grandfather. His face was pleasantly wrinkled from many years under the Tuscan sun. He had lively brown eyes and dark wavy hair sprinkled with gray. Their attraction was swift and strong. Laura and Raffaele were old enough to know how love works and brave enough to search for their own way forward.
Amazon Top 100 Bestseller in Historical Fiction. BRAG Medallion Winner 2015 in Historical Fiction. Italy 1899: Fiery-tempered, seductive, medium Alessandra Poverelli levitates a table at a Spiritualist séance in Naples. A reporter photographs the miracle, and wealthy, skeptical, Jewish psychiatrist Camillo Lombardi arrives in Naples to investigate. When she materializes the ghost of his dead mother, he risks his reputation and fortune to finance a tour of the Continent, challenging the scientific and academic elite of Europe to test Alessandra’s mysterious powers. She will help him rewrite Science. His fee will help her escape her sadistic husband Pigotti and start a new life in Rome. Newspapers across Europe trumpet her Cinderella story and baffling successes, and the public demands to know – does the “Queen of Spirits” really have supernatural powers? Nigel Huxley is convinced she’s simply another vulgar, Italian trickster. The icy, aristocratic detective for England’s Society for the Investigation of Mediums launches a plot to trap and expose her. Meanwhile, the Vatican is quietly digging up her childhood secrets, desperate to discredit her supernatural powers; her abusive husband Pigotti is coming to kill her; and the tarot cards predict catastrophe. Inspired by the true-life story of controversial Italian medium Eusapia Palladino (1854-1918), The Witch of Napoli earned praise from Kirkus Reviews as an “enchanting and graceful narrative that absorbs readers from the first page.” In March 2015, The Witch of Napoli” became an Amazon Top 100 paid bestseller. It is also a 2015 BRAG Medallion Award winner in Historical Fiction. Michael Schmicker is an investigative journalist and co-author of The Gift: ESP: The Extraordinary Experiences of Ordinary People (St. Martin’s Press). He lives in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Targeted Age Group: 30-70
Book Price: $0.99
Links to buy book: (Check book price before you buy, as prices can change due to expiration of the sale or other technical issues.)
Is this book no longer priced under $2.99? Let us know in the comments! Have you read this book? Tell us about it in the comments!
About The Italian Ski Instructor by Ann Streetman
Shaken by an unwanted divorce, Jennifer was not ready to get involved with anyone. And, then she met Matteo Soldati. They were about as different as two people could be. San Diego red white and blue to the core, Jennifer was from a multi-generation Navy family. Matteo was a guest Italian ski instructor at a resort in Lake Tahoe. He would soon be going back to Italy where he lived with his parents and young son between ski seasons. Then he would be going to Switzerland where he taught at Davos and St. Moritz. She would be going back to San Diego to piece together a new life. It was unlikely that they would ever see each other again. But things changed.
Their love story plays out in the Swiss and Italian Alps and San Diego. The Italian Ski Instructor is a good read for people who like sweet romance with twists and turns in unexpected places.
This romance book is available in ebook format.
This book is bargain priced from 08/15/2014 until 10/15/2014
5 contemporary cozy mystery novels with clean romance set in Italy. The authors are best-selling, award-winning, well-reviewed and professional. Intrigue, humor, mystery, love, adventure, romance, character…and Italy! Summer reading at its best! 5 complete novels, and YOU SAVE $16.00!!
1. A New Life – Beate Boeker: Sweet-romance and mystery with a classic heroine. Imagine you’re accused of murder, but you’re innocent. Imagine you’ve finally been acquitted due to lack of evidence, but you’ve lost your job and your friends in the meantime. Imagine you have to start a new life in Italy, but you don’t even speak Italian. Imagine your new boss seems to hate you, but for some reason he bowls you over. And then, just as life seems to become good again, history repeats itself.
Amazon readers say:
“…reminded me of “Three Coins in a Fountain” or “Roman Holiday”.”
“Kept me guessing and entertained throughout…hard to put down. Highly recommend.”
“…took me on a fabulous journey through Florence, Italy.”
2. Vain Pursuits – J.B. Hawker: A cat and mouse adventure for late-bloomers everywhere. Bunny Elder flies off to romantic Italy as traveling companion to her newly widowed sister. It seems like the trip of a lifetime and a chance to recover from her pastor husband’s recent murder. Little does she suspect that a trip in search of a special Neapolitan nativity set for her sister’s collection will ensnare the two women in a muddle of smugglers, Italian mobsters, kidnapping and death. Can even an unexpected reunion with her first love prevent this dream trip from becoming Bunny’s worst nightmare?
Amazon readers say:
“The book gleams with beautiful descriptions of people, places and encounters.”
“…such fun to read.”
“Exciting jaunt through Italy.”
3. An Extra Virgin Pressing Murder – Candida Martinelli: Traditional country-house mystery. Julie gladly leaves her retirement home to attend a protégée’s wedding in Tuscany. But when someone is murdered at her welcome party, and the chief suspect is the Italian fiancé, Julie finagles her way into working with the local Marshal to discover the truth.
Amazon readers say:
“…a thoroughly enjoyable reading experience, I say, “Bravissima.””
“I actually read the book on a plane going to Italy so that really added to the fun.”
“Like a good pasta sauce, it’s full of the subtle flavorings of multiple spicy accents!”
4. Sweet Delicious Madness – Julie Sarff: Rom-Com Mystery. Lily Bilbury is about to be fabulously happy, because she has a theory: economic independence=divorce=happiness! To this end she takes a job at Villa Buschi, a lavish estate that harbors more than a few secrets. But when she can’t make ends meet or obtain a divorce or acquire the object of her affection, she briefly contemplates running around ranting drivel and frightening the whole reserved population of Arona, Italy. Only when a friend falls on hard times will Lily forget her own problems and align herself with a self-proclaimed psychic to mount a search of Villa Buschi for one of the most famous diamonds ever known, the French Blue.
Amazon readers say:
“…crosses several genres including chick lit, rom com and mystery.”
“…one of my favorite reads for a long time.”
“…just makes you feel good…”
5. Italian Summer – Maria Grazia Swan: Quirky, sexy protagonist. When they say “you can’t go home again” they’re talking about Mina Calvi, 20-something Italian transplant to California. Still nursing a broken heart, desperate to discover her place in the world, Mina arrives in the town of her birth in Veneto, Italy. A fresh chance at true love and a welcome bonding with a new friend give her hope. But the deadly secrets moldering in the cemetery could rip it all from her. Will Mina survive her Italian Summer?
Amazon readers say:
“…adventure for the armchair traveler.”
“I love this book!!! It was fast paced suspenseful and sexy.”
“… just the right amount of everything…”
This book is bargain priced from 07/25/2014 until 12/31/2014
The last thing eighteen-year-old Ann Leigh remembers is running from her boyfriend in a thick Nebraska cornfield. This morning she’s staring down a cool Italian sunrise, an entire continent from the life she once knew. The events of the eighteen months in between have inexplicably gone missing from her memory.
All at once she’s living with Tommy, an attractive, young foreigner asking for her continued love. Though he’s vaguely familiar, she recalls a boy named Shane in America who she reluctantly agreed to marry. Juggling a new world while her old one is still M.I.A is difficult enough without the terrifying movie scenes spinning a dizzy loop in her mind: glimpses of a devastating house fire, a romance gone wrong, an unplanned pregnancy, and a fractured family – each claiming to be part of who she once was – a girl and a past somehow discarded.
Ann Leigh must collect the pieces of herself to become whole again, but she doesn’t know who to trust especially when Tommy’s lies become too obvious to ignore. And above all, her heart aches to discover what became of the child she may or may not have given birth to.
The Making of Nebraska Brown tells the story of one girl’s coming apart from the inside and the great lengths she’ll go to reclaim herself and find her way home.
This book is bargain priced from 02/19/2014 until 02/19/2016
Set against the breathtaking beauty of Italy, The Echoes of Love is a passionate, heart-breaking romance to ignite the senses and rekindle your belief in the power of love. Seduction, passion and secrets…
Venetia Aston-Montagu has escaped to Venice to work in her godmother’s architectural practice, putting a lost love behind her. For the past ten years she has built a fortress around her heart, only to find the walls tumbling down one night of the carnival when she is rescued from masked assailants by an enigmatic stranger, Paolo Barone. Drawn to the powerfully seductive Paolo, despite warnings of his Don Juan reputation and rumours that he keeps a mistress, Venetia can’t help being caught up in the smouldering passion that ignites between them. When she finds herself assigned to a project at his magnificent home deep in the Tuscan countryside, Venetia not only faces a beautiful young rival but also a sinister count and dark forces in the shadows, determined to come between them. Can Venetia trust that love will triumph, even over her own demons? Or will Paolo’s carefully guarded, devastating secret tear them apart forever?