We are often asked how to make a Kindle ebook temporarily free in Amazon. It’s actually quite simple. Just follow the steps below:
1. Log into your KDP dashboard by going here. If you are not already enrolled in KDP Select, do so by clicking on the blue “KDP Select” link and then the “Enroll Now” button.
2. To schedule the days, click on the blue “Bookshelf” link, if you are not already taken to that page when you log in. You will see your books listed there.
3. Click or double-click (depending on your computer) on the book you want to make free.
4. Click the blue “Promotions Manager” link.
5. Click the “new” button.
6. Enter a name in the “Name” field that will identify this promotion. (It can be any name that will help you recognize later which promotion it was.) Then, choose the “Start Date” and “End Date,” using the pop-up calendar next to each field. You are allowed a maximum of five free days every 90 days. You can use them in any combination: five one-day periods; two sets of two consecutive days, plus one day; three consecutive days and two consecutive days; or five consecutive days at a time. When you’re done, click the “Save” button.
7. Once you click the “Save” button, you will see the information you just entered. You can either delete or edit it using the “Actions” pull-down menu.
IMPORTANT: You’ll want to schedule your free days to give you enough time to get the word out about them. One key way you can do that is by submitting them to sites dedicated to displaying free ebooks. You can either do that yourself using this list, or we can do it for you. You can see our free day book promotion options here and see all our promotion options here.
Article by Carla Chadwick
* Visit Our Resource Library to Read More Articles *